All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarly Islam and the Birth of Capitalism shows that globalized trade and capitalism originated in trade practices of pre-Islamic Arabs, which were copied by European trade partners in the Middle Ages in European markets. Promotion of free trade across the Mediterranean in the Middle Ages created the condition for capitalism to emerge in Europe.
- Author BiographyBenedikt Koehler is the editor of A History of Financial Disasters 1857-1923 and is the author of biographies of Ludwig Bamberger, one of the founders of Germany's Deutsche Bank, and of nineteenth-century political philosopher Adam Muller.
- Author(s)Benedikt Koehler
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 maps
- Weight381 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.