All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten as a stand-alone textbook for students and a useful reference for professionals in government and private agencies, academic institutions, and consultants, Ecology and Conservation of Fishes provides broad, comprehensive, and systematic coverage of all aquatic systems from the mountains to the oceans.
- Author BiographyHarold M. Tyus is Emeritus Research Scientist at the Center for Limnology, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences, University of Colorado at Boulder, where he taught Ecology of Fishes in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. He also is an Adjunct Professor of Environmental Policy and Management at the University of Denver, where he teaches and serves as a faculty advisor. Dr. Tyus received his academic training in the Department of Zoology at North Carolina State University, with the aid of a National Science Foundation fellowship and a scholarship from the National Wildlife Federation. He also was affiliated with the North Carolina Cooperative Fishery Unit, earning an MS studying sunfish phylogenetics and a Ph.D. studying population dynamics and migrations of river herring. His minor concentration was in water resources management. Dr. Tyus is a retired researcher and manager for the U.S. Government, serving 23 years with the Army Corps of Engineers and Fish and Wildlife Service. During that time he was involved with environmental impact assessment and studied a wide variety of aquatic habitats, fishes, and human-induced changes in waters of the United States, from east coast oceans, estuaries and wetlands to southwestern desert rivers. He has written and edited numerous scientific papers on fishes and government documents on fish ecology and conservation, including listing and recovery plans for Endangered Species. He was a member of the Colorado River Fishes Recovery Team for 12 years, and he has been a consultant and science advisor for industry and government. His professional affiliations include the Desert Fishes Council, the American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists, and the Society for Conservation Biology. He is a Fellow of the American Institute of Fishery Research Biologists and a life member of the American Fisheries Society, which has certified him as a Fishery Scientist and Fisheries Professional.
- Author(s)Harold M. Tyus
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note258 black & white illustrations, 141 colour illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight1224 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.98
- £11.21Trending at £13.98
- £9.51Trending at £9.72
- £4.69Trending at £4.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.