Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £11.73Trending at £11.89
- £19.99Trending at £27.99
- £6.24Trending at £6.39
- £29.59Trending at £38.24
- £38.90Trending at £59.97
- £5.62Trending at £8.98
- £8.76Trending at £9.08
About this product
- DescriptionA a practical guide to the techniques and issues involved in conducting economic evaluation in ongoing clinical trials, supported with detailed advice on the design and analysis of studies including analysis of cost effectiveness and methodological integrity.
- Author BiographyHenry A. Glick, Ph.D., received an M.A. and Ph.D. in Public Policy Analysis from the University of Pennsylvania. He has more than 25 years of experience conducting economic assessments of medical therapies. He specializes in economic evaluations conducted as part of clinical trials. Henry served on the Randomized Clinical Trial-Cost Effectiveness Analysis (RCT-CEA) Task Force and the Task Force on Good Research Practices on Transferability of Economic Data in Health Technology Assessment, both chartered by the International Society of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research (ISPOR) to develop guidance documents related to these issues. Daniel Polsky, Ph.D., has been on the faculty at the University of Pennsylvania since 1996. He is the Executive Director of the Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Professor of Medicine in the Perelman School of Medicine and the Robert D. Eilers Professor of Health Care Management in the Wharton School. He currently serves on the Congressional Budget Office's Panel of Health Advisers and he was the Senior Economist on health issues at the President's Council of Economic Advisers in 2007-08. His research areas include access to health care, workforce, and economic evaluation of medical and behavioral health interventions. Seema Sonnad, Ph.D., is interested in how patients, physicians and health systems use (or fail to use) evidence when making decisions about new technology. She has been involved in collaborative work leading to over 130 published papers and after being Director of Outcomes Research in departments of surgery for over 10 years, is now Director of Health Services Research for the Value Institute at Christiana Care Health System. She continues to work collaboratively with physicians to understand how changing practice impacts care and how to incorporate best evidence into care decisions. Dr. Jalpa Doshi's research focuses on economic and outcomes assessments of medication use and adherence in vulnerable patient populations such as the elderly, disabled, and chronically ill using observational as well as randomized trial data. She is regularly invited to teach methodology courses and workshops on cost-effectiveness analyses in randomized trials and analytic techniques to examine health care cost data at scientific meetings. She has served on the International Society of Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research (ISPOR) Task Force Quality Improvement in Cost Effectiveness Research. She currently serves as co-editor of the Value in Health Journal.
- Author(s)Daniel Polsky,Henry A. Glick,Jalpa A. Doshi,Seema S. Sonnad
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleHandbooks in Health Economic Evaluation
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight400 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.