All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second volume of the MA series explores the implications of four different approaches for managing ecosystem services in the face of growing human demand for them. The Scenarios volume will help decision-makers and managers identify development paths and can reduce the risk of damage to human well-being and the environment.
- Author BiographyThe Millennium Ecosystem Assessment's work is overseen by a 45-member Board of Directors, co-chaired by Robert Watson, Chief Scientist and Senior Advisor for the Environment of the Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Network of the World Bank, and A.H. Zakri, director of the United Nations University s Institute of Advanced Studies. The Assessment Panel, which oversees the technical work of the MA, includes 13 of the world s leading social and natural scientists. It is co-chaired by Angela Cropper of the Cropper Foundation and Harold Mooney of Stanford University. Walter Reid is the director of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2005
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMillennium Ecosystem Assessment S.
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Note6 tables, 19 figures
- Weight1470 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byElena M Bennett,Monika B Zurek,Prabhu L Pingali,Steve R Carpenter
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £9.48Trending at £10.21
- £6.43Trending at £6.81
- £11.29Trending at £12.06
- £10.86Trending at £12.08
- £8.93Trending at £9.31
- £8.89Trending at £9.35
- £4.71Trending at £4.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.