All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a scientific biography of Edgar Rubin, one of the outstanding pioneers of perceptual psychology in the early twentieth century. It also argues for the importance of description in psychology.
- Author BiographyJorgen L. Pind is a professor of psychology at the University of Iceland. After a career in experimental psychology, he worked on the History of Psychology for the past 7-8 years, writing one book and a number of articles. He has spent two sabbatical terms at the Institute of Psychology at the University of Copenhagen, where he researched archival sources dealing with the history of psychology in Denmark, in particular relating to Rubin. He speaks and reads Danish fluently having been brought up bilingually in Danish and Icelandic. He studied in England (MSc and DPhil in Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex) and spent 1993-1994 as a visiting scientist at MIT.
- Author(s)Jorgen L. Pind
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleHistory and Philosophy of Psychology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.