All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducators and researchers in variety of locations increasingly encounter linguistically and socio-culturally diverse groups of students in their classrooms and lecture halls. This book examines everyday forms of talk and writing in relation to standardised forms and schooling expectations to suggest ways forward in educational discourse.
- Author BiographyMastin Prinsloo is an Associate Professor at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. His recent edited books include Literacy Studies and The Future of Literacy Studies. Christopher Stroud is Professor of Linguistics at University of the Western Cape, South Africa, and Professor of Bilingual Research at Stockholm University, Sweden. His recent publications include Style, Identity and Literacy: English in Singapore.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- Series TitlePalgrave Advances in Language and Linguistics
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight425 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChristopher Stroud,Mastin Prinsloo
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.