All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiography of the influential, lesser known member of the W.H. Auden circle. Peter Stansky tells the fascinating story of Edward Upward's conflict between art and life. At the same time he colourfully provides significant insight into English society during the twentieth century and explores the special nature of English radicalism.
- Author BiographyPeter Stansky studied at Yale and Cambridge and completed his Ph.D. at Harvard, where he taught before moving to the University of Stanford, California, becoming the holder of the endowed Frances and Charles Field Chair in History. He has written extensively on modern British culture, particularly on William Morris, George Orwell, the Bloomsbury Group, the London Blitz, as well as on Julian Bell and John Cornford.
- Author(s)Professor Peter Stansky
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- GenreBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Content NotePhotographs
- Weight894 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.