All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.50Trending at £8.34
About this product
- DescriptionManufacturing systems, regardless of their size, have to work with scarce resources in dynamic environments. This title provides methods for achieving effective resource allocation and to solve related problems that occur daily and often generate cost overruns.
- Author BiographyMassimiliano Caramia received his Laurea Degree in Management Engineering at the University of Rome Tor Vergata , Italy in 1996, and his Ph.D. in Operations Research at the University of Rome La Sapienza in 2000. From 2000 to 2001 he was a research associate at the University of Rome Tor Vergata , since then he has been a researcher at the Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo M. Picone of the Italian National Research Council. His primary research interests include: combinatorial optimization, manufacturing, real life scheduling problems and logistics. He has published many papers in international journals such as Discrete Mathematics and SIAM Journal on Optimization, Networks, and has acted as a referee for many international journals, including: Journal of Discrete Algorithms, Transportation Science and International Transactions in Operational Research. His teaching subjects are Operations Research, Models and Analysis of Manufacturing Systems, Mathematical Methods for Management, Decision Support Systems, Quality and Performance Management, Project Management. Paolo Dell'Olmo received his Laurea Degree in Electronic Engineering at the University of Rome La Sapienza , Italy. He became a full professor in Operations Research in 2000. He has been a visiting scholar at the Department of Systems and Industrial Engineering of University of Arizona (1992-93), a visiting professor at the Operation Research Center of MIT (1998). Currently, he is: Head of the Department of Statistics, Probability and Applied Statistics at the University of Rome La Sapienza , he is also a Director of the Masters degree in Data Intelligence and Strategic Decisions and coordinator of the PhD program in Operations Research of the University of Rome as well as a research fellow of the Istituto di Analisi dei Sistemi e Informatica. He has been responsible for several national and international research projects and author of more than 60 scientific papers published in international journals. His primary research interests include: combinatorial optimization and real life scheduling and routing problems.
- Author(s)Massimiliano Caramia,Paolo Dell'Olmo
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2005
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note90 black & white tables, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.