All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a practical resource for instructional professionals - trainers and educators alike - and shows how to apply the powerful strategies that originate from Cognitive Load Theory, a heavily researched and proven method that brings about more efficient learning and greater ROI for training efforts.
- Author BiographyRuth Clark is a recognized specialist in instructional design and technical training. She holds a doctorate in Educational Psychology and Instructional Technology from the University of Southern California. Prior to founding CLARK Training & Consulting, she served as training manager for Southern California Edison. Dr. Clark is a past president of the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) and author of the best-selling e-Learning and the Science of Instruction and Building Expertise, both of which were bestowed the Best Communication Award from ISPI. John Sweller is the founder of Cognitive Load Theory and it's most ardent researcher and advocate. The Web of Science records that his work has been cited on over 1,500 occasions -- with a rapidly increasing citation rate. He has been published in nearly 70 refereed journals and is the author of the seminal Instructional Design in Technical Areas. In recent years he has further developed general cognitive theory in the hope that this development can lead to further instructional applications. He has been a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences of Australia since 1993. He currently teaches at the School of Education at the University of New South Wales. He lives in Sydney, Australia. Frank Nguyen, currently the e-Learning Technology Manager for the Intel eBusiness Training group, is responsible for providing tools and processes to enable online learning for 100+ training developers and 45,000 employees worldwide. Prior to Intel, Frank worked as a systems engineer for a national computer distributor and built automation systems for several Fortunate 500 companies. Frank is currently a doctoral student in Educational Technology at Arizona State University focusing on the convergence of eLearning and electronic performance support systems (EPSS).
- Author(s)Frank Nguyen,John Sweller,Ruth C. Clark
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2006
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight921 g
- Width184 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.