CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- Author(s)Roy Rosenzweig
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1985
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Perspectives on Modern History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2tabs.
- Weight470 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Series Edited byRobert Fogel,Stephan Thernstrom
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments; Introduction; Part I. Context: 1. Workers in an industrial city, 1870-1920; Part II. Culture: The Working-Class World of the Late Nineteenth-Century: 2. The rise of the saloon; 3. Immigrant workers and the fourth of july; Part III. Conflict: Struggles Over Working-Class Leisure in the Late Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Centuries: 4. The struggle over the saloon, 1870-1910; 5. The struggle over recreational space: the development of parks and playgrounds; 6. The struggle over the fourth: the safe and sane july fourth movement and the immigrant working class; Part IV. Culture, Conflict, and Change: The Working-Class World of the Early Twentieth Century: 7. The commercialization of leisure: the rise of a leisure market and the persistence of the saloon; 8. From rum shop to Rialto: workers and movies; Conclusion; Abbreviations used in notes; Notes; A note on sources; Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.