All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.61Trending at £12.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a detailed, rigorous treatment of the fundamental theory of electromagnetic pulse propagation in causally dispersive media that is applicable to dielectric, conducting, and semiconducting media. Asymptotic methods of approximation based upon saddle point methods are presented in detail.
- Author BiographyKurt Oughstun is a Professor of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science in the College of Engineering & Mathematics at the University of Vermont where he was University Scholar in the Basic and Applied Sciences. A graduate of The Institute of Optics at the University of Rochester, he is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America, a member of the European Optical Society and a member of the United States National Committee of the International Union of Radio Science. His research centers on electromagnetic and optical wave theory, asymptotic methods of analysis, and computational techniques. He has published extensively on his research in these areas in such journals as the Journal of the Optical Society of America A & B, Journal of the European Optical Society A, Physical Review A & E, Physical Review Letters, IEEE Proceedings, and Radio Science.
- Author(s)Kurt E. Oughstun
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/11/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Optical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number125
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight724 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.