All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the modern world of ever smaller devices and nanotechnology, electron crystallography emerges as the most important method capable of determining the structure of minute objects down to the size of individual atoms. Crystals of only a few millionths of a millimetre are studied. This is the first textbook explaining how this is done.
- Author BiographyXiaodong Zou is the chair of Inorganic and Structural Chemistry Unit, Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, and director of the Berzelii Centre EXSELENT on Porous Materials, Stockholm University. She is a member of the IUCr Commission on Electron Crystallography (2002-2011) and the Structure Commission of International Zeolite Association (2010-). She received several awards, including the K.H. Kuo Award for Distinguished Scientist (2010) and , Goran Gustafsson Prize in Chemistry (2008) and Tage Erlander Prize (2002), both given by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. Her main research interests include method development for 3D structure determination of nano-sized materials by X-ray diffraction and electron crystallography, especially on zeolites and related porous materials and complex intermetallic compounds, and synthesis and applications of inorganic open-framework materials and metal-organic frameworks. Sven Hovmoller was visiting scientist in Madrid and Nantes and was Secretary of the IUCr commission on Electron Crystallography 1999-2002. He introduced image processing of EM images by Fourier transform analysis from molecular biology into inorganic chemistry in 1984 and started, together with Xiaodong Zou, the series of annual International schools in Electron Crystallography, in 1994. Hovmoller develops new methods and computer programs for electron crystallography and is also interested in quasicrystals and their approximants and protein structure and its prediction. Peter Oleynikov has been a researcher at Stockholm University since 2008. He writes programs for computer control of electron microscopes and for analysis of the diffraction data obtain, as well as programs simulating EM images and electron diffraction patterns.
- Author(s)Peter Oleynikov,Sven Hovmoller,Xiaodong Zou
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/08/2011
- Series TitleInternational Union of Crystallography Texts on Crystallography
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note156 B&W halftones, 67 B&W line drawings, 4 colour plates
- Weight930 g
- Width200 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.