All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to provide the reader with essential keys to a unified understanding of the rapidly expanding field of molecular materials and devices: electronic structures and bonding, magnetic, electrical and photo-physical properties, and the mastering of electrons in molecular electronics.
- Author BiographyAfter studies at Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS) de Saint-Cloud, Jean-Pierre Launay was Assistant Professor at Universite Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris from 1967. His research was on the electrochemistry of polyoxoanions, and mixed valence systems. He was appointed Professor in 1983 and developed investigations on molecular electronics. In 1989, he moved to Toulouse, and led the Centre for Materials Elaboration and Structural Studies , a CNRS laboratory, from 2003 to 2010. He has been a member of Institut Universitaire de France. He has also worked on molecular machines such as rotary motors and switching elements. He holds awards from the French Chemical Society and the French Academy of Sciences. Following a career as a secondary school teacher and Assistant Professor at Ecole Normale Superieure (ENS) de Saint-Cloud, Michel Verdaguer became Professor at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie in Paris in 1988. His research endeavours concentrate on molecular magnetism, in which field he has developed a rational approach to new systems, from quantum chemistry to applications (Haldane's gap, high spin molecules, room-temperature magnets, single molecule magnets). He developed synchrotron radiation studies in the field of molecular materials. He led the Inorganic Chemistry and Molecular Materials Laboratory , associated to CNRS, from 1994 to 2001. He is presently engaged in the study of molecular multifunctional magnetic materials. He holds awards from the Spanish and French chemical societies and from the French Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)Jean-Pierre Launay,Michel Verdaguer
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note346 b/w/illustrations
- Weight1150 g
- Width195 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.13Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.