All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.70Trending at £10.57
- £9.19Trending at £9.37
- £6.27Trending at £7.69
- £8.77Trending at £9.25
- £7.79Trending at £8.15
- £4.00Trending at £6.81
- £7.57Trending at £8.07
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Troy to Arcadia, on the high road to elsewhere and the low road to thereabouts, boarding a ferry 'cross the Mersey and hiking the Jurassic Coast, skating away on Duddingston Loch and dynamiting the frozen rivers of Siberia - Alasdair Paterson plots a course at the cruising speed of the flaneur through the ruins of empires and dreams.
- Author BiographyAlasdair Paterson was born in Edinburgh and now lives in Exeter. He won an Eric Gregory Award for his poetry in 1976; his last book, On the Governing of Empires, was his his first collection for more than 20 years. The intervening time was spent directing the work of academic libraries in Britain and Ireland, and travelling to Samarkand, Salonika, Stamboul, Siberia, Swaziland, San Francisco, Sidmouth and many other places not beginning with an S.
- Author(s)Alasdair Paterson
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/01/2014
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight121 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.