All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.11
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.44Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly a half century, Dr Simons has dominated the study of primate evolution. This volume summarizes the knowledge in many aspects of primate and human evolution that have been studied by Simons and his colleagues and place it in a broader paleontological and historical perspective.
- Author BiographyElwyn Simons has held professional appointments at Yale University (1960-1977), Duke University (1977-present), and was the Director of the Duke Primate Center (1977-1991) and Scientific Director (1991-2001). He has authored nearly 300 scientific publications and is the holder of many high honors. He is a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, as well as many other professional associations. He was elected a Knight of the National Order by the government of Madagascar and has been the recipient of many awards including the prestigious Charles R. Darwin Award for Lifetime Achievement from the American Association of Physical Anthropologists.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/12/2007
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleDevelopments in Primatology: Progress and Prospects
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight872 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChristopher C. Gilbert,John Fleagle
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.