All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £28.04
- £8.24Trending at £8.90
- £8.64Trending at £11.92
- £8.88Trending at £11.98
- £14.54Trending at £15.37
- £23.93Trending at £24.75
- £14.88Trending at £15.08
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders an array of subjects - among them Iranian and Polish cinema, cyberspace, autobiographical and fictional narrative, and biogenetics - and, in the process, demonstrates a cultural anthropology for a highly networked world. This book lays the groundwork for a renewed and powerful twenty-first century anthropology.
- Author BiographyMichael M. J. Fischer is Professor of Anthropology and Science and Technology Studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Lecturer in the Department of Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is the author of Iran: From Religious Dispute to Revolution and coauthor of Debating Muslims: Cultural Dialogues in Postmodernity and Tradition and Anthropology as Cultural Critique: An Experimental Moment in the Human Sciences.
- Author(s)Michael M. J. Fischer
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication10/12/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note34 illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.