All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early fifteenth century, when Romans discovered ancient marble sculptures and inscriptions in the ruins, they often melted them into mortar. This book examines the 'long' fifteenth century, a critical period in the history of antiquities collecting that has received scant attention.
- Author BiographyKathleen Wren Christian is assistant professor, Department of History of Art and Architecture, University of Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Kathleen Wren Christian
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 colour images & 220 black-&-white illustrations
- Weight1715 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.