Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mandan Indians, iconic plains people whose teeming, busy towns on the upper Missouri River were for centuries at the centre of the North American universe. Why don't we know more? Who were they, really? This book retrieves their history by piecing together important discoveries in archaeology, anthropology, geology, climatology, and more.
- Author BiographyElizabeth A. Fenn is an associate professor at the University of Colorado, Boulder, where she holds the Walter and Lucienne Driskill Chair in Western American History. She is the coauthor of Natives and Newcomers and the author of the award-winning Pox Americana (Hill & Wang, 2001). She lives in Longmont, Colorado.
- Author(s)Elizabeth A. Fenn
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication13/04/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Note73 black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.