All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSummer, AD 69. Rome and its empire are in turmoil, caught in the coils of a desperate and destructive civil war. The emperor Otho is dead by his own hand and his rival, Aulus Vitellius, occupies the imperial throne. However, a new challenge has arisen in the East - the legions of Titus Flavius Vespasian have declared him their Emperor.
- Author BiographyA journalist by profession, Douglas Jackson transformed a lifelong fascination for Rome and the Romans in to his first two novels highly-praised novels, Caligula and Claudius. His third novel, Hero of Rome, introduced readers to his new series hero, Gaius Valerius Verrens. Defender of Rome, Avenger of Rome and Sword of Rome followed, winning critical acclaim and confirming Douglas as one of the UK's foremost historical novelists. An active member of the Historical Writers Association and the Historical Novels Society, He lives near Stirling in Scotland.
- Author(s)Douglas Jackson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleGaius Valerius Verrens
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Content NoteB & W maps
- Weight345 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £7.44Trending at £9.01
- £4.79Trending at £5.67
- £14.58Trending at £15.30
- £7.65Trending at £10.01
- £14.57Trending at £15.05
- £7.27Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.