All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes on a central quandary in the study of energy and environmental policy: What myths continue to exist in American culture concerning energy, the environment, and society? This book debunks and contextualizes thirteen energy myths relating to electric power, renewable energy, energy efficiency, transportation, and climate change.
- Author BiographyDr. Benjamin K. Sovacool is a Eugene P. Wigner Post-doctoral Fellow in Science Policy at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Oak Ridge, TN. Previously, Dr. Sovacool served as a research analyst for the Consortium on Energy Restructuring, where he worked on a grant from the National Science Foundation's Electric Power Networks Efficiency and Security Program investigating the social and legal impediments to renewable energy systems. He is also a former Senior Research Fellow at the Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research in Blacksburg, Virginia, where he assessed renewable energy potential for the state of Virginia. Dr. Marilyn A. Brown is Chair of Energy Policy in the School of Public Policy at the Georgia Institute of Technology and a Distinguished Visiting Scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Dr. Brown is an internationally recognized expert on issues surrounding the commercialization of new energy and environmental technologies and the evaluation of government programs and policies. She has authored more than 150 publications and has been an expert witness in hearings before Committees of both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. She is also a member of the National Commission on Energy Policy and the National Academies Board on Energy and Environmental Systems, and is a Certified Energy Manager.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight719 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAssoc Prof. Benjamin K. Sovacool,Marilyn A. Brown
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.