All listings for this product
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £23.65Trending at £29.73
- £27.15Trending at £29.50
- £10.19Trending at £11.18
- £10.82Trending at £12.36
- £12.83Trending at £14.23
- £16.34Trending at £18.98
- £12.24Trending at £12.75
About this product
- DescriptionWith contributions from content teachers, this insightful book discusses instructional approaches, student activities, and textbooks that can motivate reluctant learners to become active readers.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Guthrie is the Jean Mullan Professor of Literacy in the Department of Human Development at the University of Maryland, College Park. As Director of the Maryland Literacy Research Center, he studies motivations and strategies in reading at all school levels. Before coming to Maryland, he was Research Director for the International Reading Association. He began his career at Johns Hopkins University, where he founded the Kennedy School for children with reading disabilities. His works on reading engagement have been published in the Reading Research Quarterly, the Journal of Educational Psychology, and the Elementary School Journal. He is a recipient of the Oscar Causey Award for Outstanding Reading Research, a member of the International Reading Association Hall of Fame, and the 2004 recipient of the University of Maryland System Regents' Award for research/scholarship/creative activity.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2008
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJohn T. Guthrie
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.