All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.17
- £13.86Trending at £14.94
- £41.00Trending at £49.64
- £8.19Trending at £11.91
- £23.41Trending at £25.33
- £20.64Trending at £21.80
- £17.46Trending at £19.66
About this product
- DescriptionHaving a complete understanding of the properties and behaviours of rock is essential when undertaking any engineering involving them. Drawing on the author's experience in the field, this book covers properties of a number of rocks, and explores discontinuities, strength, deformability and permeability of rock masses and calculations of stress.
- Author BiographyProfessor Zhang conducts research on Rock Mechanics, Rock Engineering, Sustainable Geotechnics, Geoenvironmental Engineering and Earthquake Engineering. He received his Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering from Tongji University, China and in Civil and Environmental Engineering from MIT, USA. His PhD was received in Geotechnical Engineering from MIT. He has published over 50 articles in international peer reviewed journals such as Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. Currently Prof. Zhang teaches the following courses at graduate level at The University of Arizona: * Geotechnical Engineering and Design * Foundation Engineering * Earth Structures in Geotechnical Engineering * Ground Improvement * Geoenvironmental Engineering Professor Zhang is the Principal Investigator or Co-PI in more than 15 grants and contracts from National and State institutions and Private Companies. He has received awards such as ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Fellow, 2011; First Runner-Up, Young Professor Paper Competition, Deep Foundations Institute, 2008; Arthur D. Little Corporate Star Case Awards, 2001, 2002; Science and Technology Progress Award, China Education Ministry, 1994;Outstanding Young Faculty Member Award, Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1993 In 2014 Professor Zhang was Co-Chair of GeoShanghai International Conference.
- Author(s)Lianyang Zhang
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleGeo-Engineering Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight690 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.