All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains selected papers from an international conference held at Queen Mary, University of London, on 10-11 November 2010. Interdisciplinary perspectives are provided on nationalism and anti-Semitism in English- and German-language contexts from the beginning of the German Second Reich (1871) to the end of World War II (1945).
- Author BiographyGeraldine Horan is Lecturer in German Language and Linguistics at University College London. She is the author of Mothers, Warriors, Guardians of the Soul. Female Discourse in National Socialism, 1924-1934 (2003) and co-editor of Landmarks in the History of the German Language (2009, repr. 2012) and has recently published on a range of linguistic topics, including the language of German and Irish women nationalists in the early twentieth century. Felicity Rash is Professor of German Linguistics at Queen Mary, University of London. She is the author of The Language of Violence (2006), a close linguistics analysis of Hitler's Mein Kampf. She is currently researching the role of the German 'protectorates' during the First World War and organizing a conference to mark the anniversary of the outbreak of that war. Daniel Wildmann is the Deputy Director of the Leo Baeck Institute London and Senior Lecturer in History at Queen Mary, University of London. His most recent monograph is Der veranderbare Korper. Judische Turner, Mannlichkeit und das Wiedergewinnen von Geschichte in Deutschland um 1900 (2009). He is currently working on a new project titled 'A History of Visual Expressions of Anti-Semitism, Emotions and Morality'.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication11/12/2012
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleGerman Linguistic and Cultural Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDaniel Wildmann,Felicity J. Rash,Geraldine Theresa Horan
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £30.00Trending at £34.67
- £2.39Trending at £3.08
- £7.79Trending at £8.63
- £20.50Trending at £21.87
- £16.14Trending at £18.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.