All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA faculty-specific series for students in higher education.
- Author BiographyAnthony Manning is Director of the Centre for English and World Languages at the University of Kent. Anthony has authored or co-authored nine course books in the TASK (Transferable Academic Skills Kit) series. He has also written English for Language and Linguistics as part of the ESAP series; a graded reader for Oxford University Press; articles for EL Gazette and is the Editorial Chair for InForm, a new journal for IFP professionals. Before joining the University of Reading, Anthony taught in France, Germany, China and Japan. He was also a lecturer at a Japanese College situated within the University of Durham, and at an International College in Reading. In his spare time Anthony is studying for a Doctorate in Applied Linguistics with a focus on language testing. He has delivered seminar papers at IATEFL, BALEAP and HEA conferences on the subject of English for academic purposes and academic skills development at foundation level. In addition to language testing, Anthony's other research interests include English for specific purposes and English as a global language. Terry Phillips has worked in ELT for more than 35 years as a teacher, teaching supervisor, manager and language school owner. As a consultant, he has worked in more than 20 countries in all parts of the world, advising state and private language institutions on all aspects of school management. For the last ten years, he has been a full time freelance writer with his wife Anna, producing more than 160 published books in ELT. Although he and Anna have worked for all the major publishers, all recent works have been for Garnet Education. Terry is the series editor of the English for Specific Academic Purposes series for Garnet Education, which aims to prepare students to entry into a particular faculty for English-medium tertiary education. The series won the ESU award in 2009.
- Author(s)Anthony Manning
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Series TitleEnglish for Specific Academic Purposes
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Series Edited byTerry Phillips
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.