All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.48
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £10.88Trending at £13.05
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
About this product
- DescriptionMany cities have undergone transformations designed to increase tourism. This book explores those transformations, especially the tendency of cities to create stage set contexts of the private type, such as historic quarters, theme parks or hypermarkets.
- Author BiographyGiovanni MACIOCCO obtained a degree in Engineering at the University of Pisa and in Architecture at the University of Florence. He is Full Professor of Town and Regional Planning, Director of the Department of Architecture and Planning and Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Sassari. His works include: Les lieux de l'eau et de la terre, (Lybra Immagine, 1998); Wastelands (Dedalo, 2000); Il progetto ambientale nelle aree di bordo, with Pittaluga P. (FrancoAngeli, 2006), Fundamental Trends in City Development (Springer, 2008), Urban Landscape Perspectives (Ed.) (Springer, 2008), The Territorial Future of the City (Ed.) (Springer, 2008), People and Space. New Forms of Interaction in City Project (Springer, 2009); Il potenziale urbano dei territori esterni with Sanna G. and Serreli S. (Eds.) (FrancoAngeli, 2009). Silvia SERRELI is a Researcher in Town and Regional Planning at the Faculty of Architecture University of Sassari. She has a Ph.D. in Urban Planning Methodology from La Sapienza University of Rome and a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Cagliari. Her works include: Le dimensioni plurali della citta ambientale. Prospettive di integrazione ambientale nel progetto del territorio (FrancoAngeli, 2004), Urban Landscape and an ecology of creativity, in Maciocco G. (Ed.) Urban Landscape Perspectives (Springer, 2008), Derelict places as alternative territories of the city, in Maciocco G. (Ed.) The Territorial Future of the City (Springer, 2008), Il potenziale urbano dei territori esterni with Maciocco G. and Sanna G. (Eds.) (FrancoAngeli, 2009).
- Date of Publication23/10/2009
- Series TitleUrban and Landscape Perspectives
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 6
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1570 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byGiovanni Maciocco,Silvia Serreli
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.