All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to move global society towards a sustainable ecotopia, solutions must be engaged in specific places and communities, and the authors here argue for re-orienting environmental anthropology from a problem-oriented towards a solutions-focused endeavor.
- Author BiographyJoshua Lockyer is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Arkansas Tech University where he is co-creating a bioregionally-based undergraduate anthropology program. He was formerly a Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Anthropology and Environmental Studies at Washington University in St. Louis and a Visiting Research Fellow with the Research Group on Lifestyles, Values, and Environment in the Centre for Environmental Strategy at the University of Surrey. James R. Veteto is Assistant Professor of Anthropology at the University of North Texas. He is the director of the Laboratory of Environmental Anthropology and the Southern Seed Legacy project and is currently president of the Culture and Agriculture section of the American Anthropological Association and Research Associate at the Botanical Research Institute of Texas. He is editor of Place-Based Foods of Appalachia: From Rarity to Community Restoration and Market Recovery (2011) and The Slaw and the Slow Cooked: Culture and Barbecue in the Mid-South (2012).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEnvironmental Anthropology and Ethnobiology
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note10 figs & tables, 1 map
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byJames R. Veteto,Joshua Lockyer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.