All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEric Ravilious: Design is the latest title in the award winning Design Series.
- Author BiographyPeyton Skipwith is an independent fine art consultant. He retired as Deputy Managing Director of The Fine Art Society in 2005, after 44 years, during which time he organised many exhibitions covering most aspects of British fine and decorative arts of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, including Tribute to Edward Bawden, Eric Ravilious in Context, Britain Between the Wars and Joseph Southall. In 2006, he was joint recipient, with Andrew McIntosh Patrick, on behalf of The Fine Art Society, of the Iris Foundation Award, New York, for a lifetime's contribution to the decorative arts. He is a writer and critic, contributing regularly to publications, including Apollo, Country Life, World of Interiors and The Literary Review. He is the author of Entertaining a la Carte: Edward Bawden and Fortnum and Mason, The Mainstone Press, 2007. Brian Webb is a designer, Visiting Professor of the University of the Arts, London, and Past President of the Chartered Society of Designers. He has lectured about British design, and designed and produced numerous books in the Design series. He contributed 'The Roller Coaster Ride, 1945 to the present' to London Transport Posters, A Century of Art and Design, London Transport Museum, 2008, and wrote Think of it as a Poster (a review of wood-engraved postage stamps) for the Fleece Press, 2010, and Edward Bawden's London with Peyton Skipwith, published by the V&A, 2011.
- Author(s)Brian Webb,Peyton Skipwith
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note108 col., 69 b.&w.
- Weight363 g
- Width145 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.