All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking with historical orthodoxy that claims Bacon's Rebellion marked the death knell of white labor in the Chesapeake and that colonial Virginians achieved racial hegemony in the eighteenth century, Escaping Servitude debunks the myth of the benign institution and the sentimentalized, content servant and reveals revolt and day-to-day resistance.
- Author BiographyAntonio T. Bly is associate professor of history at Appalachian State University. Tamia Haygood is a graduate teaching fellow at Appalachian State University.
- Author(s)Antonio T. Bly,Tamia Haygood
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication24/08/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note5 black & white halftones, 13 tables
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.