All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers readers with conceptual and practical insights into how to approach building a majority of the interactive graphics applications they encounter daily. This book guides students in developing a software library that supports fast prototyping of moderately complex applications using a variety of APIs, including OpenGL and DirectX.
- Author BiographyKelvin Sung is an Associate Professor with the Computing and Software Systems at University of Washington Bothell (UWB). He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1992. His background is in computer graphics, hardware and machine architecture. He came to UWB from Alias|Wavefront (now part of Autodesk) in Toronto, where he played a key role in designing and implementing the Maya Renderer. Peter Shirley is a Research Scientist at NVIDIA. He has a B.A. in physics from Reed College and a Ph.D. in computer science for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He spent eleven years as a Professor at the University of Utah, four years as an Assistant Professor at Indiana University and two years as a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Cornell Program of Computer Graphics before moving joining NVIDIA. His professional interests include interactive and realistic rendering, statistical computing, visualization, and immersive environments. Steven Baer works for Robert McNeel & Associates developing the Rhinoceros 3D NURBS modeling application (www.rhino3d.com). Steve has degrees in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from the Webb Institute and in Computing and Software Systems from the University of Washington. He lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife Danna and dog Buoy.
- Author(s)Kelvin Sung,Peter Shirley,Steven Baer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.04
- £13.67Trending at £16.57
- £24.99Trending at £28.05
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.