All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers translations of Euripides' Medea , The Children of Heracles , Andromache , and Iphigenia among the Taurians , fragments of lost plays by Aeschylus, and the surviving portion of Sophocles' The Trackers . In this title, introductions for each play offer information about its first production, plot, and reception in antiquity and beyond.
- Author BiographyDavid Grene (1913-2002) taught classics for many years at the University of Chicago. Richmond Lattimore (1906-1984) was a poet and translator best known for his translations of the Greek classics, especially his versions of the Iliad and the Odyssey. Mark Griffith is professor of classics and of theater, dance, and performance studies at the University of California, Berkeley. Glenn W. Most is professor of ancient Greek at the Scuola Normale Superiore at Pisa and a visiting member of the Committee on Social Thought at the University of Chicago.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleComplete Greek Tragedies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGlenn W. Most,Mark Griffith
- Series Edited byDavid Grene,Richmond Lattimore
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.10Trending at £8.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.