All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Europe between Democracy and Dictatorship, Conan Fischer offers a captivating analysis of Europe s turbulent history during the first half of the twentieth century. After many largely peaceful and prosperous years, the continent was plunged into two world wars and a traumatic series of national revolutionary upheavals.
- Author BiographyConan Fischer is Professorial Fellow in the School of History, University of St Andrews, Scotland. He is the author of Stormtroopers: a Social, Economic and Ideological Analysis 1929-35 (1983), The German Communists and the Rise of Nazism (1991), The Rise of the Nazis (1995 & 2002) and The Ruhr Crisis 1923-1924 (2003) He is editor of The Rise of National Socialism and the Working Classes in Weimar Germany (1996) and co-editor of After the Versailles Treaty: Enforcement, Compliance, Contested Identities (with Alan Sharp, 2008). He is currently researching the history of Franco-German relations during the Great Depression (1929-32).
- Author(s)Conan Fischer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleBlackwell History of Europe
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note26 plates, 90 text-figures
- Weight698 g
- Width180 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.76Trending at £25.99
- £23.73Trending at £26.67
- £14.58Trending at £21.05
- £14.21Trending at £15.23
- £10.50Trending at £14.50
- £10.82Trending at £13.72
- £16.99Trending at £17.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.