All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow and why did Europe spawn dictatorships and violence in the first half of the 20th century, and then, after 1945 in the west and after 1989 in the east, create successful civilian societies? This book explains the rise and fall of the men of violence whose wars and civil wars twice devastated large areas of the European continent and Russia.
- Author BiographyVolker R. Berghahn is Seth Low Professor of History at Columbia University. He is the author of numerous books on modern German and European history and on European-American relations in the twentieth century including, most recently, America and the Intellectual Cold Wars in Europe (Princeton).
- Author(s)Volker R. Berghahn
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/12/2008
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note6 halftones.
- Weight257 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £40.00Trending at £56.25
- £18.79Trending at £25.89
- £11.94Trending at £12.37
- £24.05Trending at £34.86
- £12.93Trending at £13.44
- £7.29Trending at £8.51
- £14.59Trending at £16.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.