Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £17.32+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £14.69Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by bookbarn-international
- Est. delivery by 25 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume investigates the impact of biotechnology on contemporary understandings of kinship, of family and 'belonging' in a variety of European settings and reveals similarities and differences in how kinship is conceived. What constitutes kinship for different publics? How significant are biogenetic links? What does family resemblance tell us?
- Author BiographyJeanette Edwards is Professor of Social Anthropology at Manchester University. She has published widely on the implications of new reproductive technologies for kinship both ethnographically and theoretically. She is author of Born and Bred: Idioms of Kinship and New Reproductive Technologies in England (Oxford University Press, 2000) and co-author of Technologies of Procreation: Kinship in the Age of Assisted Conception (Routledge 2nd ed., 1999). She directed the European-funded project 'Public Understanding of Genetics: a Cross- Cultural and Ethnographic Study of the new genetics and social identity'. Carles Salazar is Lecturer in Social Anthropology at the University of Lleida. He received his PhD from the University of Cambridge and has carried out ethnographic fieldwork in Ireland and Catalonia (Spain). His publications include A Sentimental Economy (1996, Berghahn) and Anthropology and Sexual Morality (2006, Berghahn) and a number of articles on kinship, sexuality, reproduction and Irish ethnography.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFertility, Reproduction & Sexuality
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight319 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byCarles Salazar,Jeanette Edwards
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.81Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.