All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive and yet easy to understand book which helps nursing, midwifery and allied health profession students understand how to select and relate evidence to all aspects of care, with plenty of examples and activities to relate concepts to practice.
- Author BiographyDr Janet Barker has been involved in nursing for forty years, starting as a cadet nurse at 16 years of age in an Orthopaedic Hospital, moving into general nursing and finally working as a mental health nurse, in both inpatient and community settings. The last twenty years have been spent in nurse education. Janet has vast experience of organising and delivering undergraduate pre-registration nursing courses, taking on the role of Course Director of the Diploma/BSc(Hons) in Nursing programme at the University of Nottingham, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy in 2005. Janet received the University of Nottingham 'Dearing Award' in 2011 in recognition of her 'outstanding contribution to the development of teaching and student learning'. She retired as Associate Professor at the University of Nottingham in July 2011, however continues to keep abreast of current developments in nursing. Paul Linsley has worked largely in Acute and Forensic Mental Health settings both as a clinician and as a manager. He sits on various national health and social care bodies and is an active researcher in his field of interest. Paul has presented at International Conferences and holds a number of awards. As a Principal Lecturer at the University of Lincoln he teaches on a number of courses, single and joint honours undergraduate programmes, research masters programmes and pre and post registration nurse training programmes. He has written on a number of mental health issues, including emotional intelligence, health informatics and the management of health care violence and aggression. He as an interest in values-based practice and this is reflected in this book and engaging the service user as part of nurse education. Ros Kane is Principal Lecturer at the University of Lincoln.
- Author(s)Janet H. Barker,Paul Linsley,Ros Kane
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width168 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.87Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.