All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngages students with relevant applications and encourages critical thinking. This title offers a Learning Roadmap in to help students gain an understanding. It also helps students to focus on key concepts, make connections to other concepts, and see where the material is leading.
- Author BiographyFor the past two decades, Cecie Starr has been known as one of the best-selling biology textbook authors. Her texts, appreciated for their clarity in both the written word and the visual representation of biological concepts, include multiple editions of BIOLOGY: THE UNITY AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE, BIOLOGY: CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS, and BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Her original dream was to become an architect. Instead of building houses, she now builds, with care and attention to detail, incredible texts based on this philosophy: I invite students into a chapter through an intriguing story. Once inside, they get the great windows that biologists construct on the world of life. Biology is not just another house. It is a conceptual mansion. I hope to do it justice. Ralph Taggart, Former Chair of Biological Sciences at Michigan State University, Ralph Taggert is now the chair of Geological Sciences. Professor Taggart, known for his outstanding research in Paleobotany, has taught the general biology course for over 20 years. Christine Evers has been creating multimedia and Web-based materials to supplement Starr and other science texts for ten years. She earned her B.S. in Biology from SUNY Stony Brook. After working as a research assistant studying the developmental biology of slime mold, she was awarded an N.S.F. fellowship to attend Yale, where she studied evolutionary biology and honeybee behavior. She has a strong interest in science education and serves as a member of her local school board.
- Author(s)Cecie Starr,Christine A. Evers,Lisa Starr,Ralph Taggart
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/01/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note246
- Weight244 g
- Width232 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition Statement13th International edition
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.85Trending at £12.65
- £17.90Trending at £19.47
- £17.72Trending at £19.98
- £11.80Trending at £12.65
- £8.64Trending at £9.72
- £7.69Trending at £11.99
- £11.21Trending at £13.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.