All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA preface by editors Deborah Lyons and Kurt Raaflaub details the importance of Westbrook's work for the field of classics, while Sophie Demare-Lafont's incisive introduction places Westbrook's ideas within the wider context of ancient law.
- Author BiographyRaymond Westbrook (1946-2009) was the W. W. Spence Professor of Semitic Languages at Johns Hopkins University. The editor of A History of Ancient Near Eastern Law, vols. I and II, he was the coeditor of Security for Debt in Ancient Near Eastern Law, Isaiah's Vision of Peace in Biblical and Modern International Relations: Swords into Plowshares, and Amarna Diplomacy: The Beginnings of International Relations. Deborah Lyons is an associate professor of classics at Miami University. She is the author of Gender and Immortality: Heroines in Ancient Greek Myth and Culture and Dangerous Gifts: Gender and Exchange in Ancient Greece. Kurt Raaflaub is David Herlihy University Professor and professor emeritus of classics and history at Brown University. He is the author of The Discovery of Freedom in Ancient Greece, the editor of War and Peace in the Ancient World, and the coeditor of A Companion to Archaic Greece.
- Author(s)Raymond Westbrook
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDeborah Lyons,Kurt A. Raaflaub
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £14.59Trending at £16.57
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
- £6.65Trending at £8.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.