Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight412 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoshua Knobe,Shaun Nichols
- Table Of Contents1. An Experimental Philosophy Manifesto ; 2. Normativity and Epistemic Institutions ; 3. Semantics, Cross-Cultural Style ; 4. Identification, Situational Constraint, and Social Cognition: Studies in the Attribution of Moral Responsibility ; 5. Is Incompatibilism Intuitive? ; 6. Moral Responsibility and Determinism: The Cognitive Science of Folk Intuitions ; 7. The Concept of Intentional Action: A Case Study in the Uses of Folk Psychology ; 8. Bad Acts, Blameworthy Agents, and Inentional actions: Some Problems for Juror Impartiality ; 9. Intentional Action: Two-and-a-Half Folk Concepts? ; 10. Empirical Philosophy and Experimental Philosophy ; 11. Abstract + Concrete=Paradox ; 12. How Are Experiments Relevant to Intuitions?
- Author BiographyJoshua Knobe is assistant professor in the philosophy department at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. He has published widely in both psychology (Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Psychological Science) and philosophy (Nous, Analysis). Shaun Nichols is in the Philosophy Department and Cognitive Science Program at the University of Arizona. He is the author of Sentimental Rules (OUP) and co-author (with Stephen Stich) of Mindreading.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.