All listings for this product
Best selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £18.49Trending at £25.00
- £11.80Trending at £12.98
- £11.21Trending at £13.98
- £9.51Trending at £9.72
- £4.69Trending at £4.80
About this product
- DescriptionEncouraging a new attitude and approach to chemistry, experts from around the globe present over 40 real-life teaching experiments, divided into the five main principles of catalysis, solvents, high yield and one-pot synthesis, limiting waste and exposure, plus special topics.
- Author BiographyHerbert W. Roesky is an Emeritus Professor for Inorganic Chemistry at the University of Goettingen. In the tradition of great European chemical lecture demonstrations he has given experimental lectures all over the world. His books ?Chemical Curiosities?, ?Chemistry en Miniature?, and ?Spectacular Chemical Experiments? have been translated in many languages, and they are masterpieces for students and their teachers worldwide. His books have become an enduring part of chemical education literature. They are interesting, educational, witty and truly unique. Besides numerous honorary doctorates Herbert W. Roesky was awarded with the Leibniz Prize, Grand Prix de la Maison de la Chimie, and received from the American Chemical Society the Award for Creative Work in Fluorine Chemistry and the Award in Inorganic Chemistry. Dietmar K. Kennepohl is Professor of Chemistry and Associate Vice President Academic at Athabasca University (AU) in Canada. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from McMaster University with a B.Sc. Honours degree in chemistry in 1984 and continued his studies in main group synthetic chemistry at the University of Alberta where he obtained a Ph.D. in 1990. He became an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at Georg-August-Universitat Gottingen in Germany where he investigated Te-N and Mn-N chemistry and later returned to Canada to design molecular metals as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Guelph. He joined Athabasca University in 1993. He holds teaching awards at both the university and national level. His research interests have included chemical education as well as petroleum, main group and coordination chemistry.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication22/04/2009
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight724 g
- Width180 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDietmar Kennepohl,Herbert W. Roesky
- Foreword byJean-Marie Lehn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.