All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildhood today is big business. It is impossible for any child growing up to avoid intense marketing and research shows that these commercial pressures affect children's health and wellbeing. Featuring high profile contributors with hard-hitting views, this book argues that these corporate and commercial pressures are new forms of child abuse.
- Author BiographyJim Wild is a writer, trainer and activist in the field of child protection and safeguarding work. He is founder of The Centre for Active and Ethical Learning (www.activelearningcpac.org.uk) which organises national events and delivers training on child protection for frontline workers. He was previously a social work lecturer at Nottingham Trent University for 7 years, and before that worked on the frontline in child protection for 15 years. Jim is also editor of two further books: Working with Men for Change (Routledge) and The Value-Base of Social Work and Social Care (Open University Press).
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication19/08/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures
- Weight326 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJim Wild
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.77Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.