CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionExploring Frontiers of the Mind-Brain Relationship argues against the purely physical analysis of consciousness, instead advocating a balanced psychobiological approach. This thought-provoking volume provides an empirical view of transcendent phenomena that have confounded scientists for decades.
- Author BiographyAlexander Moreira-Almeida, M.D., Ph.D., was trained in psychiatry and cognitive-behavioral therapy at Institute of Psychiatry of the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he also obtained his Ph.D. in Health Sciences investigating the mental health of Spiritist mediums. Formerly a postdoctoral fellow in religion and health at Duke University, he is now Professor of Psychiatry at the Federal University of Juiz de Fora School of Medicine and Founder and Director of the Research Center in Spirituality and Health, Brazil (www.ufjf.br/nupes-eng). His main research interest involves empirical studies of spiritual experiences as well as the methodology and epistemology of this research field. His publications are available at www.hoje.org.br/elsh. Franklin Santana Santos, M.D., Ph.D., was trained in geriatrics at Clinical Hospital of the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he also obtained his PhD in Health Sciences investigating delirium in elderly patients. Formerly a postdoctoral fellow in cognitive disturbances at Karolinska Institute (Sweden), he is now Professor of post-graduate program of University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine and collaborator researcher of Laboratory of Neuroscience (LIM-27) at Institute of Psychiatry of the University of Sao Paulo, Brazil. He is a leader in the studies in issues related to death, dying and Palliative Care in Brazil. His main research interest involves cognitive disturbances, thanatology, palliative care and medical education, topics about he has published several articles and books.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleMindfulness in Behavioral Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight578 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlexander Moreira-Almeida,Franklin Santana Santos
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.