All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise introductory textbook uses carefully chosen examples from clinical and experimental observations to provide an insight into the principles underlying the immune system. As a result, it encourages readers to ask critical questions in order to further advance our understanding of this unique organ.
- Author BiographyGordon MacPherson is Reader in Experimental Pathology at the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford and Tutor in Medicine, Oriel College Oxford. He has taught immunology to medical students for over 30 years in lectures, practical classes and tutorials at both introductory and Honours levels. He teaches all aspects of immunology, and in tutorials also covers microbiology and general pathology. His research interests are in immune regulation, particularly mucosal immunity, and the properties and roles of dendritic cells. He has published many papers (experimental and reviews) and has been an invited speaker at many international conferences Jon Austyn is Professor of Immunobiology in the Nuffield Department of Surgery at the University of Oxford. He has taught extensively in all areas of fundamental immunology over many years, and designed the MSc course in Integrated Immunology at the University of Oxford, which he now co-directs. Jon Austyn has over 25 years research experience of dendritic cell immunobiology, particularly as applied to transplantation, infectious diseases and more recently cancer. He was recently awarded with distinction the Diploma in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education by the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Gordon Macpherson,Jon Austyn
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight998 g
- Width209 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.98Trending at £27.05
- £8.24Trending at £8.87
- £8.94Trending at £9.19
- £17.94Trending at £18.46
- £7.43Trending at £8.42
- £14.54Trending at £15.33
- £23.93Trending at £24.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.