CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by leading experts in the area, this volume investigates the ways in which emerging masculinities theory in law could inform feminist legal theory in particular and law in general. As many of the chapters in this collection illustrate, law is constantly in a dynamic interaction with masculinities.
- Author BiographyMartha Albertson Fineman is a Robert W. Woodruff Professor of Law at Emory University and an internationally recognized law and society scholar and a leading authority on family law and feminist jurisprudence. Fineman is founder and director of the Feminism and Legal Theory Project, which was inaugurated in 1984 at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and also directs Emory's Vulnerability and the Human Condition Initiative. She is the author of numerous books and dozens of book chapters and scholarly papers focusing on gender equality, the legal regulation of intimacy and the law's response to dependency and vulnerability. Fineman is also editor and contributor to a dozen collections arising from the FLT Project, including At the Boundaries of Law: Feminism and Legal Theory (Routledge 1991, reissued 2013), which was the first anthology of feminist legal theory. Michael Thomson is Professor of Law at the University of Leeds, UK. His research interests include Health Law, Law and Gender, and Legal Humanities. Much of his work has focused on the regulation of reproductive and sexed bodies and what this can tell us of the relationship between law and gender. He is the author of Reproducing Narrative: Gender, Reproduction and Law (Dartmouth, 1998) and Endowed: Regulating the Male Sexed Body (Routledge, 2008), He also edited, with Sally Sheldon, Feminist Perspectives on Healthcare Law (Cavendish, 1998).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGender in Law, Culture, and Society
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight776 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMichael Thomson,Professor Martha Albertson Fineman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.