All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- Author(s)Tjonnie G. F. Li
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 30 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart I General Introduction.- Gravitational waves in the linearised theory of General Relativity.- Gravitational waves in the post-Newtonian formalism.- Gravitational waves: detection and sources.- Bayesian Inference.- Computational methods.- Part II Testing the Strong-field Dynamics of General Relativity.- Introduction.- Test Infrastructure for General Relativity (TIGER).- Results.- Discussion.- Part III Inferring the Large-scale Structure of the Universe.- Introduction.- Cosmography.- Electromagnetic counterpart as redshift measurement.- Concluding remarks.- A Systematic multipole expansion.- Bibliography.- Popular-science summary.
- Author BiographyTjonnie Li is the winner of the 2013 Stefano Braccini Thesis Prize awarded by the Gravitational Wave International Committee. He received his PhD in Physics in 2013 from the University of Amsterdam. He then became a Postdoctoral Fellow at the LIGO Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (USA), developing analyses for detecting binary black holes and explorations into the strong-field regime of gravity. Dr. Li is a member of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration with focus on compact binary systems.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.