All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text explores art, literature, politics, and philosophy to illuminate how the concept and experience of beauty has changed. The essays range from Hegel and Modernism to Marcel Duchamp and the Avant-Garde, postmodern poetics, boredom and Proust, to Derrida and the glory and gift of death.
- Author BiographyJames Swearingen was Professor and Chair of several English Departments, including the University of South Alabama and Marquette University. Now retired, he and Dr Joanne Cutting-Gray live in Savannah, Georgia.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/12/2002
- Series TitleTextures S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJ.E. Swearingen,Joanne Cutting-Gray
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.