All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)I.D. MacKillop,Richard Storer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- GenreLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface; Introduction; Notes on Contributors; Part I: Bibliographical; 1. Leavis as Critic of New Poetry: Uncollected Reviews; Richard Storer; 2. Leavis as Reader of Daniel Deronda; William Baker; 3. Leavis and 'Gwendolen Harleth'; Richard Storer; Part II: Education In The University; 4. Rubrics and Reading Lists; Ian MacKillop; 5. Leavis's Downing Seminars; Charles Winder; 6. 'Cunning Passages': Leavis's Lectures on Poetry and Prose; Charles Page; 7. Education and the University: Structure and Sources; Richard Storer; Part III: Analytical; 8. The Impersonal Objective: Leavis, the Literary Subject and Cambridge Thought; Barry Cullen; 9. Leavis and Post-Structuralism; Gary Day; 10. Leavis on Lawrence; Michael Black; Part IV: Biographical; 11. In the 1930s: Cambridge to New Zealand; Eric McCormick; 12. Pre-war Downing; Keith Dobson; 13. Downing After the War; Patrick Harrison; 14. 'Leavisite' Cambridge in the 1960s; Neil Roberts F. R. Leavis: A Reader's Guide; Richard Storer; Notes Index
- Author BiographyProfessor Ian MacKillop was formerly Professor of English Literature at the University of Sheffield and the author of F.R.Leavis: A Life in Criticism (Allen Lane/St. Martin's Press, 1995). Richard Storer is Senior Lecturer in English, Trinity All Saints, Leeds.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.74Trending at £9.16
- £6.34Trending at £7.34
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.30
- £12.42Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.65
- £10.87Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.