All listings for this product
Best-selling in Pregnancy Books
About this product
- DescriptionIt is an enduring theme of humanity that people are concerned about what others think of them. This book offers an alternative in focusing on the ways in which face is both constituted in and constitutive of social interaction, and its relationship to self, identity and broader sociocultural expectations.
- Author BiographyFrancesca Bargiela-Chiappini is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Politeness Research and has published articles on face and politeness and politeness in the workplace. Michael Haugh is a lecturer in the School of Languages and Linguistics at Griffith University. He has published work on the emic notion of 'face' in Japanese and the relationship between 'face' and 'politeness' in the Journal of Pragmatics, Multilingua, and Intercultural Pragmatics as well in Asian Business Discourse(s).
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note1 figure
- Weight2 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFrancesca Bargiela-Chiappini,Michael Haugh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.