All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFailure collects Karl Stevens' beautifully rendered and shockingly humorous comic strips from the Boston Phoenix.
- Author BiographyKarl Stevens: Karl Stevens is a graphic novelist and painter. His first book, Guilty, was published in 2004 with a grant from the Xeric Foundation. He is also the author of Whatever (2008), The Lodger (A Los Angeles Times Book Prize Finalist, 2010), and Failure (2013). His comic strip, Whatever, ran from 2005-2008 in the alternative weekly the Boston Phoenix. A collection of the strips was published in April 2008 by Alternative Comics. In May 2008 Whatever was replaced by a new comic, Succe$$, illustrated by Stevens and written by Gustavo Turner. Failure was his final series for the Phoenix. As an illustrator, Stevens collaborated with Anthony Apesos on the book Anatomy for Artists: A New Approach Discovering, Learning, and Remembering the Body, released in October 2007 by North Light Books. His short stories have appeared in Volumes 1 and 3 of Blurred Vision, anthologies of New Narrative Art published by Blurred Books. Stevens is represented by the Carroll and Sons Gallery in Boston.
- PublisherAlternative Comics
- Date of Publication25/06/2013
- GenreGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationGainesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlternative Comics
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight314 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Karl Stevens
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.