All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing US history as a guide, this text develops a theory of fair representation that establishes various principles for translating state populations - or vote totals of parties - into a fair allocation of congressional seats.
- Author BiographyMichel L. Balinski is the former director of the Laboratoire d'Econometrie of the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, the founding editor of the journal Mathematical Programming. and is a noted authority on mathematical optimization and operations research. H. Peyton Young is a senior fellow in the Economic Studies program at the Brookings Institution and Scott and Barbara Black professor of economics at Johns Hopkins University. He is the author of several books, including Individual Strategy and Social Structure (Princeton, 1998) and Equity in Theory and Practice (Princeton, 1994).
- Author(s)H. Peyton Young,Michel L. Balinski
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication23/08/2001
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight18 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.