All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a sociological analysis of family trends in Asia. This book includes material on dowry, singlehood, adoption, the transformation of the senior generation, changes in family courts and the role of the state in family wellbeing. It is suitable for students and scholars alike who are interested in family sociology and public and social policy.
- Author BiographyStella R. Quah, PhD, is Professor of Sociology at the National University of Singapore. She has published on family sociology, public policy and medical sociology. Her books on family sociology include Home and Kin- Families in Asia (Marshall Cavendish, 2003, 1st Edition), Family in Singapore- Sociological Perspectives (Times Academic Press, 1994, 1st Ed; 1998, 2nd Ed); and The Family as an Asset. An International Perspective on Marriage, Parenthood and Social Policy (Times Academic Press, 1991). Among her most recent publications are Crisis Preparedness: Asia and the Global Governance of Epidemics (Stanford University APARC, 2007, Editor and contributor) and International Encyclopedia of Public Health (Elsevier, 2008, K. Heggenhougen and S.R. Quah, Editor-in-Chief and Associate Editor-in-Chief, respectively).
- Author(s)Dr. Stella R. Quah
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 43 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.