Fates of Political Liberalism in the British Post-colony: The Politics of the Legal Complex by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £133.63+ £2.80 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by roxy*media*uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £45.99Free P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by jnc_incorporated
- Est. delivery by 23 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a theory of political liberalism in the British post-colonies.
- Author BiographyTerence C. Halliday is a Research Professor at the American Bar Foundation and the co-director of the Center on Law and Globalization at the American Bar Foundation and University of Illinois College of Law. He is the author and editor of several books on the politics of legal professions and his research has been published in the American Sociological Review, the American Journal of Sociology, the Law and Society Review, Law and Social Inquiry and the Annual Review of Sociology, among others. Halliday is the winner of distinguished book prizes from the American Sociological Association Sections on Globalization, Sociology of Law and Economic Sociology. Lucien Karpik is a Professor at the Ecole des Mines de Paris and Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (CESPRA). He is the author or co-author of several books including French Lawyers (1999) and Valuing the Unique (2010). His writing has been published in numerous academic journals and conference proceedings as well as in Le Monde, Le Debat and Sciences Humaines. Malcolm M. Feeley is the Claire Clements Dean's Professor of Jurisprudence and Social Policy Program at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author or editor of sixteen books and more than eighty articles in social science journals and law reviews. His books include The Process Is the Punishment (1979), Court Reform on Trial (1983) and, with Edward Rubin, Judicial Policy Making and the Modern State (1998) and Federalism: Political Identity and Tragic Compromise (2008). His books have received the Silver Gavel Award, the Certificate of Merit from the American Bar Association and a book prize from the American Sociological Association.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/02/2012
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight900 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLucien Karpik,Malcolm M. Feeley,Terence C. Halliday
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.